Coaching is a powerful one-on-one relationship designed to engage willing clients in a deep and honest exploration of their goals and the actions required to accomplish them. Coaching utilizes a prospective approach to challenges and holds clients accountable to make consistent (often dramatic) progress towards the realization of their most important aspirations. Through coaching people are able to clarify their vision, overcome obstacles, change self-defeating beliefs and habits, build trust and goodwill with others, turn a business around, or do whatever else is called for to achieve extraordinary results, all of which leads to them recognizing and achieving their desired outcomes.
Coaching has been demonstrated to achieve powerful results when you, the client:
- Are willing to learn, make changes and take responsibility for your personal situation.
- Can identify a gap between where you are and where you want to be.
- Have patience and persistence to do what it takes to make progress.
Goals for Coaching
- Visioning and taking action (“Forward the action”.) Coaching is designed to get you into action and move you forward to the accomplishment of your vision. The coaching conversation focuses on exploring the outcomes you want and then the action you will take to achieve those outcomes. Coaches not only support the client but also hold the client accountable for taking positive action.
- Learning and self-discovery (“Deepen the learning”). The coaching relationship is an opportunity for you to learn about yourself. Such learning is not just a by-product of coaching but an end in and itself. Through self-discovery you ground yourself in a higher level of emotional maturity (being) so that your vision and goals become more fully aligned with who you truly are.
- Transcending key moments. Coaching is also used to help you learn new responses to your key moments. Key moments are those situations and events that hold you back from taking positive action. Transcending key moments integrates both learning and self-discovery with taking action.
The Birkman Method a dynamic coaching tool.
All Life Direction coaching relationships include the use of the Birkman Method Assessment. This assessment provides a foundation for assisting clients as they develop their life strategy. The Birkman looks at a client’s behaviors, motivators, needs and interests, giving the client a wealth of information for supporting their vision and goals. The Birkman is a dynamic tool that clients can use in every phase of their life’s journey.